RE: CRIME Ubid Hacked...?

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 12:34:00 PDT

    Yeah, a spoofed email is very likely. I dunno has anything shown up in
    the news about this? I didn't see anything.

    Do a lookup on the IP from the mail headers. While it too may be
    spoofed, a lot of lame-ass hackers don't even do that (or don't know
    how). So you can trace it back to their home DSL account or something
    like that. Then you know its BS. Moreover, you might want to contact
    their ISP and have their account terminated.

    However, if the IP traces back to a UBID server, then they may have been
    clever enough to forge the IP as well. At that point, the hack is a
    little more involved and should summon more attention.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    (503) 644-5656 office