Re: CRIME How to stop this from happening.....

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 10:53:00 PDT

    On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 09:40:51AM -0700, Shaun Savage wrote:
    > Switch to LINUX!!!!
    >
    > John E Jewkes-AAA0OR-AAA0ID wrote:
    > | Recipient of the infected attachment:  Andrea Moe\Inbox
    > | Subject of the message:  Worm Klez.E immunity
    > | One or more attachments were deleted
    > |   Attachment Page.exe was Deleted for the following reasons:
    > |     Virus W32.Klez.H@mm was found.
    [...]
    > |         So, How do I stop it?

    Shaun, switching to Linux won't fix this problem. Klez is forging
    headers, and John is getting error messages from amazingly stupid
    virus scanners[1] that think the From: or From_ headers are legit
    and helpfully letting him know about it.

    John: you are stuck getting those messages. Sorry.

    [1]: I get dozens of messages from those same virus scanners that
    think my gpg signatures are virii. That sounds stupid to me.

    --
    http://www.wirex.com/