CRIME Free Seminar on IDS - Wednesday Oct 2, 9am

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 22:22:56 PDT

    Just a note to let the list know, Anitian has a free seminar on
    IDS this Wednesday from 9 am to 11:30 am. Topics include:

    - IDS technology overview
    - Benefits and drawbacks of host-based and network-based IDS solutions
    - Performance and capability expectations
    - Management success points
    - Integrating IDS into your network.

    Plus I will try to have a demo of RealSecure Guard, ISS's in-line IDS/Firewall
    combo that is similar to Hogwash but faster, more stable, and its been around
    a lot longer. This will be after the main seminar. Just for kicks.

    The seminar will be mostly vendor neutral, but there will be a discussion about
    the different IDS technologies (protocol analysis vs. pre-processors vs. pattern match, etc.)
    and why I think certain technologies are better than others. I've got about 50 IDS installations
    under my belt, so you can expect some war stories about what you can expect with an IDS
    and how to make them work optimally.

    This is an open, interactive event. Content will range from non-technical to moderate technical
    in beautiful PowerPoint glare. We won't get to SANS level of material, but if you want to
    get some basic info about IDSs and what they do and how they do it - this is the seminar
    for you.

    Free coffee and waxy pastries!

    Register at: www.anitian.com/seminars <http://www.anitian.com/seminars>

    See you there.