Re: CRIME Nigerian scam

From: Robert Martin (robert@martin-iti.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 13:30:03 PDT

    I heard a new one today. The story goes that a seller on ebay was over
    paid $10,000 by an alleged Nigerian. When contacted, the person said
    that they had trouble exchanging American money, and to just send them
    back a check for the over payment. The seller then deposited the money
    order, and wrote and sent a check back before the original check
    cleared. The original check was bogus, so the person was out $10,000.

    rob