Re: CRIME An article from CBS.MarketWatch.com

From: Greg Jorgensen (gregj@private)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 12:28:23 PDT

    Robert Johnston wrote:

    >Where did we get the "One Billion Dollar" number. I think someone pulled
    >it out of their backside.

    I believe the one billion dollars per day figure is total value of goods
    coming into West coast ports per year divided by 300 approximate working
    days per year. I read in more than one place that West coast ports
    handle about $310 bn of good per year.

    Some articles doubled and quadrupled that figure to attempt attaching a
    cost to the ripple effect on the economy.

    --
    Greg Jorgensen
    PDXperts LLC, Portland, Oregon, USA