Re: CRIME FW: [Cyber_threats] Daily News 10/11/02

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 14:45:57 PDT

    On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:59:04PM -0700, George Heuston wrote:
    > October 10, VNU Business Publications - Hackers start using 'side-channel'
    > attacks. New threat forces cryptography rethink. Side-channel attacks are
    > the next big threat from hackers, according to the head of RSA Labs.

    Ah, we'll be lucky when that is a big problem... software is poor enough
    that I don't think this will be worse than buffer overflows or format
    string problems for a long time. :(

    --
    Outlook users: please do not put my email address in your address book.
    This way, when you get infected with a virus, my address won't appear in