CRIME Query: has anyone been tracking fire-fighter fatality since 9-11?

From: John E Jewkes-AAA0OR-AAA0ID (aar0mi@private)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 23:31:44 PDT

    Hello All,
            I am curious. I have been noting (As part of FEMA response
    during disasters, I get updates from them regularly of significant and
    'odd' coincidences) a serious and disturbing trend among fire-fighters.
            In the 13 Months since 9-11 some 162 firefighters across the
    USA have been lost to sudden, no prior history MCI's. (A heart failure
    that few can survive/recover from). An additional few score to being
    run-down while directing traffic at the scene of a fire or accident, and
    a handful while sitting at rest in the station or at home.
            Question: has anyone been privy to this data, and is it out of
    line
    with previous years, or just more noticable since we lost so many at
    the WTC?
    tnx de
    John Jewkes, SMD US ARMY MARS
    Oregon/Idaho State Director