CRIME Max Williams, UCITA, and Tigerd Voters

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 22:22:55 PDT

    Oregon voters in Tigerd are reminded to consider that Oregon Legislature
    Representative and candidate Max Williams
    <http://www.leg.state.or.us/williams/home.htm> (R-Tigerd)
    introduced HB3910 <http://www.ala.org/washoff/ucita/oregon.html> to
    bring UCITA to Oregon. UCITA is the stealth campaign to legislate that
    software consumers lose basically all rights to expect any kind of
    quality in their purchases, and software vendors have the right to
    impose essentially arbitrary termso on consumers.

    Let Max know how you feel about that :)

    Note that this is not a Democratic vs. Republican issue, e.g. Democrat
    Fritz Hollings is advocating a different form
    <http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/0402/18.fritz.shtml> of legislated
    software evil. I'm highlighting Max Williams because he's the only
    Oregon candidate I know of with a significant position relating to
    cybersecurity, and it is not good.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/