CRIME Roesch and Graham to give IDS presentation at ITEC

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 23:58:27 PST

    This is going out on the wire today. Thought I'd drop it on CRIME as
    well. We are very fortunate to have gotten both Marty & Rob together.
    They've never done this before - should prove to be interesting.

    Incidentally, if anybody has some good IDS questions to ask these guys -
    shoot them to me. We're going to pick out 5 or 6 questions to ask them
    at the panel discussion.

    -------press release----------

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    Anitian Brokers Security Event

    Martin Roesch and Robert Graham to Present at ITEC Expo in Portland,
    Oregon December 11, 2002

    Anitian Corporation, a Beaverton, Oregon based computer and network
    security firm, announced today that two of the most respected names in
    computer security will share the stage at the ITEC technology expo in
    Portland, Oregon on December 11, 2002.

    Martin Roesch, inventor of the Snort open source intrusion detection
    system (IDS) and Chief Technology Officer of Sourcefire(tm) will join
    Robert Graham, Chief Technical Architect at Internet Security
    Systems(tm) (NASDAQ:ISSX) and one of the original developers of
    Sniffer(tm) for a 90 minute discussion on security and the promise of
    emerging technologies such as intrusion prevention systems.

    The presentation, titled the "IDS: Today & Tomorrow with Martin Roesch
    and Robert Graham" will offer a lively and frank discussion about
    information security and IDS technologies.
    The event is being co-sponsored by Anitian and the local chapter of the
    Information Systems Security Association (ISSA).

    "This is a big event for the entire Portland security community," said
    Andrew Plato, President / Principal Consultant for Anitian. "Rob and
    Marty are two of the greatest minds in computer security. This will be a
    very educational and engaging discussion."
    The event kicks off at 12:30 pm with a brief presentation by both
    speakers. Afterwards, the two will field questions from a panel of
    security experts.

    About Anitian

    Since 1995, Anitian has helped customers integrate, manage, and protect
    their enterprise systems and information assets. Anitian's
    service-oriented business philosophy provides our customers with the
    best technologies available and the expertise to make those technologies
    function optimally. Visit the Anitian site at www.anitian.com.

    About Sourcefire
    Sourcefire, Inc. is a network security company protecting enterprises
    and government against the threat of network attacks and misuse. The
    company was founded in 2001 by the original creators of the open-source
    Snort Intrusion Detection System (IDS), the most widely deployed IDS,
    that forms the foundation for the Sourcefire product suite. Sourcefire
    is on the web at www.sourcefire.com.

    About Internet Security Systems

    Internet Security Systems (ISS) is a world leader in software and
    services that protect critical information assets from an ever-changing
    spectrum of threats and misuse. Software from Internet Security Systems
    dynamically detects, prevents and responds to sophisticated threats to
    networks, servers and desktops.  ISS is on the web at www.iss.net.

    ###

    Contact
    Andrew Plato, CISSP