Next CRIME Meetings--Security/Forensics Lectures

From: George Heuston (GeorgeH@private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:11:26 PST

    Folks,

    I'm forwarding the CRIME/OCATE meeting agenda from Sarah Mocas.  Thanks
    to Sarah, Mark, Warren, and the rest of the PSU CS staff, we've got a
    top-notch group of speakers coming to town.  Note the dates below, and
    the location change to OCATE, in Hillsboro, at 185th and Walker.  These
    talks replace the usual CRIME time/place at Verizon for January and
    February 2003.  There will thus be no 'regular' (2nd Tuesday at Verizon)
    CRIME meetings for January and February.

    Thanks!

    Geo
    ___________________

    Mark your calendar!

    Mark Morressy and I (through the PSU/CS Laboratory for
    Digital Forensics and Security Research) are organizing a series
    of lectures on digital forensics and computer security topics for
    January and February.  OCATE (Oregon Center for Advanced Tech.) and
    CRIME are sponsoring.

    Lectures:
    January 17:  Jesse Kornblum
                 Chief, Research and Development, Air Force Office of
    Special
                 Investigations,
    	     "Simple But Sound First Responder Tools"
    January 31:  Mark Pollitt
                 Director FBI National Program Office for Regional Computer
                 Forensic Laboratories"
    	     "The Future of Computer Forensics
    February 14: John McHugh
    	     CERT/CC,
      	     "Evaluating IDS Systems (Why Testing Security Software is
    Hard)"
    February 28: Eoghan Casey
                 Knowledge Solutions, LLC. and author of Digital Evidence
    and
                 Computer Crime,
                 "Error, Uncertainty, and Loss in Digital Evidence"

    All lectures will be at 12:30 PM and held at OCATE.  Note these dates
    are
    all Fridays.

    For bios and lecture abstracts:
    http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~markem/LAB/LDFSR/ocate.html

    Info on OCATE
    http://www.ocate.edu/

    I'll send out additional information in January.

    Sarah