CRIME WORM_Sobig.A blocked but dealing with the residual address...

From: Brent Irwin (birwin@private)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 08:15:20 PST

    My servers have been consistently visited by our new best friend
    "WORM_Sobig.A." Fortunately, our Filtering software has been able to
    block it. We are able to strip the attached file and all the contents
    but we are still receiving email from various IP hosts claiming to be
    "big@private". Any idea how I can filter this?

    I am unable to filter the address since the IP addresses are most likely
    forged and the sender addresses are constantly changing.

    Thanks for your help,

    B r e n t  I r w i n
    I n f r a s t r u c t u r e  M a n a g e r
    D e s k t o p  S u p p o r t  a n d  E n g i n e e r i n g
    D e s k t o p  I n f r a s t r u c t u r e  a n d  S e r v i c e s