RE: CRIME SQLSlammer Worm

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 20:33:44 PST

    I've argued within our circles that whoever isn't calling it Slammer or
    Sapphire doesn't believe in name synchronization.  Because those two names
    were the first on the scene.

    We call it Slammer, or SQLSlammer, or something like that.  But we have a
    relationship with ISS.

    And the funny thing, when we gave the thing to the other AV companies, we
    said, "Here it is!"  They said, "No, we want the file!"  I said, "that's it.
    This is memory only.  You only have 'traffic' to deal with."  Still didn't
    believe me for a whole hour.  sigh.

    And then they still named it something else!  sigh^2.

    Jimmy