Re: CRIME Spam with sexual content??

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 23:24:39 PST

    On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:59:34PM -0800, Terrel Woolbright wrote:
    > I thought this would be a mailing list that would be scanned for this type
    > of garbage. Is this going to taken care of?

    The last time I complained about spam, I was told by the list
    administrators that they had installed spamassassin and use it to filter
    the content. This is a positive step. However, spamassassin, like any
    signature-based IDS system, needs signatures. Our egyptcat friends never
    pissed off enough people to earn a spamassassin rule; it is on my ToDo
    list to setup a testing environment with spamassassin to learn how to
    write good spamassassin rules. (It looks straightforward enough, but
    making sure the regexp is tight enough looks non-trivial. Once I do,
    though, those egyptcat tweaks will land themselves half a dozen rules.)

    If the list administrator filtering isn't sufficient for you, ask your
    system administrator about filtering spam for you. There are countless
    free options, and several expensive options, and some extremely expensive
    options. One will work for you.

    --
    "It seems the power has been robbed from the founding fathers and is now
    firmly in the hand of the funding fathers." -- Rik van Riel