[PLUG] PASA Meeting Tuesday, 18 Feb 2003

From: Wil Cooley (wcooley@private)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 20:42:32 PST

    PASA, the Portland Area Sys Admins, invites you to our next meeting to
    be held next Tuesday, the 18th of February with Tripwire Security.
    Please visit our meetings page at and RSVP so we can have an estimate of
    attendance.  The RSVP is NOT mandatory!

    http://pasa.portland.or.us/meetings (The RSVP code is new, so if it
    breaks, please send a message to rsvp@private)

          * 7:00 - 7:30 Pizza / Welcome / Tripwire background
          * 7:30 - 8:00 Product overview
                    Tripwire for Servers / Manager
                    Managing change in a chaotic environment
                    Presented by Joseph Wheeler - Sr. Systems Engineer
          * 8:00 - 8:30 Product overview
                    Tripwire for Network Devices
                    The solution for managing diverse network devices
                    Presented by The Bender - Sr. Mixologist

    About Tripwire

    Joseph Wheeler spent four years with Symantec Corporation providing
    technical support for products such as pcANYWHERE and developing
    innovative ways to get customers to use online technical resources. In
    the past four years with Tripwire he moved from the initial support team
    to a systems engineering role. His current duties take him on flights
    around the globe supporting Tripwire's numerous parners and customer
    base, all the while searching for the most elusive of exotic beverages.

    Tripwire(tm) Integrity Assurance solutions ensure the security and
    availability of servers and network devices, while enabling increased
    efficiencies and control over IT infrastructure across enterprises and
    government agencies worldwide. The software establishes a baseline of
    data in its desired state, detects and reports any changes to the
    baseline, enabling rapid discovery and recovery when an undesired change
    occurs. Tripwire identifies change, whether accidental or malicious,
    from outside or within, and is the only way to know for certain that
    your data is safe and remains uncompromised. Tripwire establishes the
    foundation for data security and ensures a safe, productive, stable IT
    environment.

    Tripwire software is one of the most widely deployed and trusted
    integrity assurance solutions in the world. Dr. Eugene Spafford and Gene
    Kim created the initial release of Tripwire software in 1992 at Purdue
    University. That academic source release received widespread support and
    quickly became an essential part of best practices for corporate,
    education, and government security professionals. Since 1992, more than
    1 million copies of Tripwire have been downloaded and over a 1/4 million
    are in active use.

    Based in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire was founded by Gene Kim and W. Wyatt
    Starnes. A fast-growing, global technology company, Tripwire has been
    named to The Oregon Technology Fast 50 list and currently has operations
    in 15 countries around the world.

    Directions can be found on the Tripwire website.
    http://www.tripwire.com/company/contacts/directions.cfm

    About PASA

    PASA is an informal support group for Portland Area Systems
    Administrators. We currently have members from the East and West Side,
    Vancouver, and Portland proper. Members are UNIX, NT, and Network
    administrators -- sometimes a combination of the three. Someday we may
    get around to building some structure into the group, but that hasn't
    happened yet. (Of course, there are no membership dues either.)

    We are also an official USENIX SAGE local group.

    Wil
    --
    Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@private
    * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *