RE: CRIME

From: alan (alan@private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 02:47:56 PST

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Farrimond, Ronald - KN-7 wrote:

    > Is this a form of SPAM???

    No.

    Some people have mutated the term spam to mean "Any e-mail I personally
    disaprove of".

    The actual meaning of spam (other than the lunch "meat") is unsolicited
    commercial e-mail.

    If you subscribed to this list, this thread is not spam.

    On a related note...

    It was my assumption that the people on this list were computer literate
    security and law enforcement people.  I seem to have been very mistaken.

    Could it be that sales and management types have joined the list as a
    prestige thing and not to share any actual information?

    But then again, my opinions of Sales and Marketing mirror those of the
    late Bill Hicks...