Re: CRIME urgent (PUBLIC AWARENESS ADVISORY REGARDING "4-1-9" OR "ADVANCE FEE FRAUD" SCHEMES)

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 00:07:18 PST

    IWS Newsfeed wrote:

    >PUBLIC AWARENESS ADVISORY REGARDING "4-1-9" OR "ADVANCE FEE FRAUD"
    >SCHEMES
    >
    >4-1-9 Schemes frequently use the following tactics:

    We all owe a debt of gratitude to the 419 scammers, for improving the
    average IQ of the American populace by killing off the morons & chumps
    dumb enough to fall for this crap.

    Yes, I'm kidding, and yes it is in bad taste, but I don't care :-) I am
    just stunned that anyone falls for this. I know, no one ever went broke
    underestimating the intelligence of the American public (just look at
    www.bodacion.com :-) but this idiot scam is just beyond belief.

    Have any of you police officers ever delt with 419 victims? Are they
    really dumber than a bag of hammers? Or is there something strange about
    this offer that makes otherwise intelligent people fall for it?

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, WireX                    http://wirex.com
    HP/Trend Micro Immunix Secured Solutions
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/solutions/iis/
    			    Just say ".Nyet"