Re: CRIME FW: [Infragard_unsecured] OPERATION LIBERTY SHIELD

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 21:11:36 PST

    On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 09:56, George Heuston wrote:

    > Operation LIBERTY SHIELD is a comprehensive national plan designed to
    > increase protections for America's citizens and infrastructure while
    > maintaining the free flow of goods and people across our border with
    > minimal
    > disruption to our economy and way of life.

    Operation Liberty Shield ("Shielding us from our liberties") sounds like
    one of those insurance scams designed to separate old people from their
    money. ("For just dollars a day, your loved ones will be protected from
    sudden death and dismemberment and attacks by giant Iraqi robots.")

    As for the "maintaining the free flow of goods and people across our
    border with minimal disruption to our economy and way of life".

    Color me unconvinced.  The present "security measures" have caused great
    damage to our economy.  I expect these will just add to it.

    --
    Alan <alan@private>