RE: CRIME Recommended Honeypot Tools?

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 16:33:08 PDT

    Hi Clint,

    This has probably aready been mentioned, but have you checked out The
    HoneyNet Project (project.honeynet.org). Its run by Lance Spitzner,
    arguably one of the brighter bulbs in security these days. The group
    published a great book (I have a copy I can lend you) called Know Your
    Enemy.

    Its an interesting project with a ton of interesting content. Some of
    the active members are decidedly on the blacker side of gray hat.

    They have some snort plugins and utilities that can be used for honeypot
    work. Might be worth looking into.

    ___________________________________
    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant