CRIME Software firewall recommendations

From: Nick Murphy (murphy.n@private)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 21:15:01 PDT

    I have a client who is demanding VPN access over a public wireless network
    while they are traveling (T-Mobil hot spots, etc.).  This will require the
    installation of a software VPN client on the laptop.  After warning them of
    the potential risks they still demand that they have this available, but
    they are allowing me to put together a "as secure as can be" solution.
    Has anyone worked with this scenario before or have any recommendations?
    Thanks
    Nick Murphy