RE: [CRIME FW: Wireless Communications during disaster?]

From: Mike Potter (mpotter@private)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 15:48:58 PDT

    062223 Z JUNE 03
    FM MIKE POTTER/NNN0EHG - NAVY MARINE CORPS MARS EMERGENCY ASST FOR THE
    PACIFIC AREA (15 WESTERN STATES)  nnn0ehg@private  503-319-4944

    George & Rich:  Why do you think I have been talking to you about what NMC
    MARS can do.  We have VHF & HF communications expert volunteers who can
    handle both voice & digital comms.  You are right by saying that Cell, Land
    Line, & possibly Sat. links are prone to failure or disruption by those who
    would do us nasty things.

    We are presently operating a 24/7 ecom net on 20, 40 & 80 meters just for
    the scenario you are describing.  We have firm, trained & regularly
    practiced links with USCG, USCG Aux, CAP, SHARES, FEMA, NDMS, Army & AF
    MARS, Amer RC, NWS/NOAA and several other local emergency management
    agencies.  Our mission is to provide auxiliary communications in the event
    of disaster or interruption until the standard modes are back on line and
    working.  We have NO intention of replacing any of these traditional
    communication links.

    Please give me a call and we can discuss emergency communications, its
    challenges and solutions.  By combining all our various resources into a
    working matrix the needs of the Country and the DHS can be met.

    Mike Potter
    503-319-4944
    nnn0ehg@private