Re: CRIME Privacy Vs Security

From: Shaun Savage (savages@private)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 17:58:52 PDT

    I went into security because it is fun and I want to help people
    maintain their privacy.  I believe that privacy is the Zeroth Amendment.
    it is something so basic that the founding fathers did not mention
    privacy in the Bill of Rights.  They thought privacy was basic that it
    would never be questioned.  NOW it is being questioned.

    I have heard of $65 million contract to private company to data mine
    personal information for every one in north and south america. The
    company is not required to follow govermental privacy regulations that
    is why it was choosen, to allow the goverment to gain information with
    out regulations.

    I heard the the LEIU was also created to bypass govermental privacy
    regulations for local agencies.
    What is the LEIU?
    What is it's charter?
    What privacy policies does it have?