Re: CRIME IDS is dead says Gartner

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 19:13:07 PDT

    Ryan Thomas wrote:

    >I find it interesting that many people still consider
    >Checkpoint to be a "classic" packet filter.  Proxy
    >capability for common services was built into

    That's because Checkpoint stomped Gauntlet by belittling proxies and
    claiming loudly that stateful packet inspection was the way to go and
    would solve all your problems. Then they reverse course and start
    building back in all the features that Gauntlet had in 1992 (or there
    abouts; I wasn't paying attention to security at the time).

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/