RE: CRIME Software write blocker????

From: Matthew Brown (mattatpredictive@private)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 23:33:34 PDT

    Jim

         I installed a F.R.E.D. system up in the Seattle area about a year ago, it had an easy access SCSI read-only switch on the front of the box and used software to protect the IDE family drives.

    Hope that helps,
    Matthew Brown, CISSP

    Jim Wood <jwood@private> wrote:
    When performing a forensic examination - I use safeback to image the
    suspects hard drive, to insure that there is no way during the
    investigation that the drive is written to I use a hardware device that
    connects between the drive and the computer which insures there is no
    possible way for the drive to be written to.

    Encase has a product called DRIVEBLOC. I was wondering if there was a
    software solution as well..

    Hope this helps out.

    Jim