CRIME Reference - Fwd: You credit card has been charged for $234.65

From: SA Phil R. Slinkard (pslinkar@private)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 12:58:36 PDT

    Most of you may already know this, but here is some contact information
    for such scams.

    All Nigerian scams are handled by the U.S. Secret Service -
    (503)326-2162.

    Generally, Credit Card Fraud will be handled by the U.S. Secret Service.
    When it is over the internet, the FBI can and does have involvement.

    Any type of internet fraud can be addressed at www.ifccfbi.gov. The IFCC
    collects these complaints and then will analyze the data to determine
    the scope of the problem and any relationships that might exist. This
    information is then pushed out the local FBI Field Office. I would
    encourage anyone with information on internet fraud to submit a report
    to the IFCC.

    Finally, after submitting a complaint to the IFFC, you can always
    address these complaints with the local FBI office at 503-224-4181.

    And if you have any other questions, there is a good chance I might be
    lurking on the listserve here.

    Phil R. Slinkard
    Special Agent
    Cyber Crime