CRIME anti-spammer's DDOS'ed out of service

From: Ben Barrett (barrett@private)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 11:38:40 PDT

    It appears that two spam-blacklisting services have shut down, due to
    continued, increased attacks on their services and other threats.
    There is some talk of the lack of help from LEO's, which may interest
    the readership here.  Specifically, they call for more attention to
    protecting this slice of our infrastructure; right on topic.

    The article is at:
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/24/132216&mode=thread

    and postings from the two services mentioned, which gave up, are at:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Now+retired+from+spam+fighting%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=vn1lufn8h6r38%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=4

    and

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3f70e839%241%40dimaggio.newszilla.com

    (follow from the first link if those break)

    I also found, from the slashdot feedback, these related articles:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=MONKEYS.COM+FBI+DDoS&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=pgz8yoefxk0.fsf%40kruuna.Helsinki.FI&rnum=1

    and

    and

    http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3415219,00.html

    ... enjoy!  And please offer your opinions and insight, this is a big
    matter, and timely with the Oklahoma Federal Court's blocking of the
    National Do-Not-Call list... (see
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20030924/tc_nm/telecom_telemarketing_dc
    or
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/24/160205&mode=thread
    )

      Ben Barrett
      Ben's Computer Services

    PS - yro.slashdot.org, or "Your Rights Online", is a portal that reader
    here might want to check in on regularly, if you're not a /.'er already.--