CRIME TechDemo: Symantec Gateway Security Appliance (Fri 10/17/2003 1-3pm)

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 16:39:24 PDT

    Mark your calendars folks. Friday October 17. 2003 from 1:00 to 3:00 PM

    Anitian's TechDemo returns this month with a visit from our friends at
    Symantec. This month, we'll be showing off Symantec's new (and very
    cool) Gateway Security appliance. This multi-use appliance is a
    comprehensive intrusion protection system offering: firewall, intrusion
    detection, anti-virus, content monitoring, and anti-spam capabilities.

    As always, this demo is FREE and open to everybody. We should have a
    pretty big crowd this time, so come early and grab a seat! We will also
    have some nice give-aways (hats, shirts, etc.)

    Here are the details: (also at:
    http://www.anitian.com/events/techdemo.htm)

    Symantec Gateway Security Appliance
    Friday, October 17, 2003, 1:00-3:00PM
    FREE - NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED

    Full-inspection firewall appliance with integrated security technologies

    Symantec Gateway Security Appliance 5400 Series is a next-generation
    firewall appliance providing seven integrated security technologies for
    maximum effectiveness, while reducing the complexity of security
    management. The appliance provides strong security at the gateway
    between the Internet and corporate network or between network segments.
    As the industry's most comprehensive firewall appliance, it integrates
    full inspection firewall technology, protocol anomaly based intrusion
    prevention and intrusion detection engines, award-winning virus
    protection, URL-based content filtering, anti-spam, and IPsec-compliant
    virtual private networking technology with hardware-assisted high-speed
    encryption.

    The 5400 Series provides standalone management capabilities via a secure
    Web-based interface (SSL). Additionally, it integrates seamlessly with
    the Symantec Management Console, enabling a range of advanced management
    and reporting capabilities. The optional Event Manager plug-in enables
    centralized logging, alerting, and reporting. The Advanced Manager
    plug-in, which includes Event Manager, allows administrators to define
    rule sets and manage security policies for hundreds or even thousands of
    appliances through a centralized console.

    When: Friday, October 17, 2003 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

    Where: Anitian Offices: 3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005

    Why: Get out of work early and learn about a cool new technology.
    Network with friends and peers.

    Speakers: Symantec Security Engineers

    Agenda:

    - Introduction and Networking