RE: CRIME FW: Message from William Pelgrin-NYS OCSCIC-Cyber Advisory:New Microsoft Internet Explorer Vulnerabilit

From: Jeff Bryner (jbryner1@private)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 20:06:58 PDT

    I'm hesitant to put this out publicly; but I've drafted for my *own* use a
    quick and *really* dirty browser helper object I'm calling the IE Object
    Squasher that does one and only one thing:

    --Before IE displays a page it does a quick search and replace on '<object
    data' to '<unsafe id='

    Which effectively stops this variant of the vulnerability.  The source is
    available at

    http://www.jeffbryner.com/ieObjectSquasher.zip

    It's totally cheesy, quick and incredibly unsupported code created solely
    for my own use, but if you're really desperate and haven't yet switched to
    opera ;)  you're more than welcome to it.

    Jeff.