Re: CRIME FW: @Stake pulls pin on Geer: Effect on research and publication

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 10:33:44 PDT

    On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:37:27AM -0700, Andrew Plato wrote:
    > Furthermore, if the real problem is that many systems in this
    > monoculture are left unpatched or unsecured, then clearly the problem
    > isn't the systems or the company that makes the OS - it's the people and
    > organizations that use them.

    My parents would be shocked to discover that you think the 31 unpatched
    vulnerabilities in internet explorer are THEIR fault:
    http://xev.us/dg
    (google cache of PivX's list, which seems to be down at the moment.)

    --
    Over 900 technologists agree: electronic voting isn't ready:
    http://verify.stanford.edu/evote.html