Re: CRIME ADMININSTRATOR:

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 22:01:46 PDT

    Carter Ames wrote:

    >Is there ANY possible way to block messages from
    >security.microsoft.com "download this patch" from
    >posting to the list?  Now that I posted my frustration
    >about it, the amount doubled.  I asked again, the
    >amount doubled again.  Is the amount of these emails
    >going to be doubled again because I'm suggesting a
    >change?

    For the lists that we administer @ immunix.com, what we did was set the
    Spamassassin score for "attached .exe" to be 5.0, which is the default
    threshhold for scoring an item as spam.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/