CRIME [Fwd: Alternate Data Stream trojan]

From: Zot O'Connor (zot@private)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 11:21:45 PST

    -----Forwarded Message-----
    From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg@private>

    Since we were talking about ADS last week a little, I thought I'd pass
    along this
    thread from the Incidents mailing list:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/75/342390/2003-10-24/2003-10-30/0

    Apparently the poster actually has a trojan running via an ADS. The
    thread discusses
    them and also mentions a couple different tools for getting rid of them.

    toby

    Toby Kohlenberg, CISSP, GCIH, GCIA
    Senior Information Security Analyst
    Applied Security Technology Team
    Intel IT Risk Management & Compliance
    503-712-8588  Office & Voicemail
    877-588-9948  Pager
    "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you."

    PGP Fingerprint:
    92E2 E2FC BB8B 98CD 88FA  01A1 6E09 B5BA 9E84 9E70
    --
    Zot O'Connor

    http://www.ZotConsulting.com
    http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com