CRIME I read your email...No, Really (The Patriot Act)

From: SA Phil R. Slinkard (pslinkar@private)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 14:07:21 PST

    (Okay, now I feel like a dirty little spammer.)

    A couple of weeks ago I noticed an interest by the CRIME group in the
    Patriot act. In response to this, the Oregon InfraGard program
    (www.oregoninfragard.org) will be presenting a presentation / open
    discussion on the Patriot act. This discussion will be lead by an
    Assistant United States Attorney who has dealt with many of the issues
    around the Patriot Act.

    The meeting will be held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on December 18, 2003
    at Miller Hall in the World Forestry Center, 4033 SW Canyon Road,
    Portland, Oregon. Free Peets Coffee will be provided starting at 8:00
    am.

    (Let me know if you also want to attend the dependencies discussion -
    see below)

    In addition, the InfraGard Program will be hosting an open forum to
    identify operation dependencies across critical Oregon sectors.

    "InfraGard provides a forum to facilitate cross-sector coordination for
    reducing business impact during a crisis.  Understanding 'up-stream' and
    'down-stream' dependencies with other industries allows pre-crisis
    planning to take place, risk mitigation efforts to be coordinated, and
    allows for cross-sector BCP/DR management."

    This is a CRIME pre-announcement. I'll be sending out the formal
    announcement with more details in the near future.

    Phil R. Slinkard
    Special Agent
    Cyber Division - Portland
    Federal Bureau of Investigation