CRIME Be afraid. Be Very Afraid

From: toby (tobyhush@private)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 13:34:34 PST

    I'd just like to say, for the record, to anyone who may be paying attention,
     that I support everything our government does and trust that it would
    never, ever do anything to violate my rights and that I never question
    the choices made by our leaders.

    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/24/2016230&mode=nested&tid=103&tid=99

    Dave writes "Well, since the Patriot Act II never got off the ground,
     looks like Congress has done the Justice Department a favor, according
    to Wired News, and added in some of the most controversial provisions
    into a non-descript intelligence spending bill. Now the FBI can subpoena
    information about you from practically any business or organization -
     without approval or permission from a judge, and with a gag order on
    the targeted organization. These spending bills are generally considered
    confidential and usually are not subject to public debate, so despite
    the far-reaching implications of these new powers, it's not being publicized
    like the Patriot Act was. Time to get out my patriotic hat and pin before
    it's too late."

    "I have gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain"
    -Tool

    https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434