CRIME Request for comments

From: Sasha Romanosky (sasha_romanosky@private)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:18:38 PST

    Greetings All,

    This was cross-posted to ISSA, but I would like to solicit your
    feedback, as well.

    I am doing research for a book and I would like to request your help. I
    would very much appreciate to hear of your experience with a real
    information security problem you encountered and a real solution that
    was chosen and implemented.

    A few guidelines:
    1) Let's consider a problem to be anything that requires the standard
    Confidentiality, Integrity or Availability. If you have something great
    for Accountability, that would be fine, too.

    2) Avoid theoretical problem/solutions. I would like these to be actual
    problems that you encountered and their actual solutions.

    3) The solution need not have fixed the problem completely. If it did,
    great, if not, a comment on why would be useful. The solution may also
    contain a number of parts or steps. That's fine.

    4) The scope could be anything, really. It could be application,
    network, host related; home (personal), enterprise, school; or policy,
    tool, or programming language.

    5) The problem/solution pair shouldn't take longer to write than it does
    to read this email. Just a line or two for each is sufficient.

    6) Feel free to reply just to me. If the group is interested, I would be
    happy to post the results to the list.

    Your time and attention is greatly appreciated.

    cheers,
    Sasha Romanosky