CRIME New Annoyance: Bagel.A

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 23:55:52 PST

    Something mail admins might want to look out for.

    I am seeing a whole bunch of Bagel.A virus messages in e-mail.  This
    would not be a big concern, but it seems to be badly written enough to
    send out LOTS of copies of itself.  (So far I have seen 20-30 from one
    address alone.)

    Pretty easy to spot.

    Subject: Hi

    Message:
     Test =)
    (random string)
    --
    Test, Yep.

    With an attachment of mime type "application/x-ms-download".

    This seems to be one of those messages that tries to send to every
    address it can find. Expect to have a bunch of crap to clean up in all
    those Microsoft-centric businesses. (Like that is anything new...)

    --
    "Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
    Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!