CRIME Meeting, 10 Feb 2004, 10-Noon, @ Oregon Zoo Conf Rooms

From: George Heuston (GeorgeH@private)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 14:46:09 PST

    Folks,

    Thanks again to the good auspices of our partner Structured Inc, we're
    again having our next CRIME meeting in the downstairs conference room at
    the Oregon Zoo.

    This month's speaker: Chief Ron Louie, Hillsboro Police Department,
    Oregon

    Topic:  "The Patriot Act, Intelligence Gathering, and Community
    Policing--Mixing Oil and Water?"

    This forum will provide a superlative opportunity to dialogue on the
    salient challenges and issues facing our society today.

    Chief Louie's Bio:  Chief Ron Louie has been in law enforcement sine
    1974.  He has commanded the Hillsboro, Oregon, Police Department since
    1992.  Previously he served 5 years as the Chief of the Astoria, Oregon,
    Police Department, and 13 years with the Palo Alto, California, Police
    Department.

    Chief Louie is a graduate of the FBI National Academy, FBI Law
    Enforcement Executive Leadership Academy, and Oregon Executive
    Development Institute.

    He holds a Master in Public Administration degree from Hayward State
    University, a Master of Arts degree in Anthropology from San Francisco
    State University, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Science,
    graduating Magna Cum Laude, from Hayward State University, and an
    Associate in Arts degree, graduating with Honors, from the College of
    San Mateo.

    As a member of the International Police Association, Chief Louie has
    toured with the former Royal Hong Kong Police force.  He is a member of
    the Oregon Advisory Committee, United States Civil Rights Commission,
    and sits on the Advisory Boards of the National Asian Peace Officers'
    Association and the Hillsboro Boys and Girls Club.

    Chief Louie is a management consultant, published author, and college
    teacher.

    The son of a classic Chinese opera actor, Chief Louie was raised in San
    Francisco.  He dropped out of high school and enlisted in the U.S.
    Marine Corps at the age of 16, and participated in the initial
    amphibious landing of combat troops in Vietnam.

    Chief Louie and his wife Jo Anne live in Hillsboro and have a son and
    daughter in college.

    Carpe Diem folks-See you there!

    Geo