RE: CRIME Firms Look to Limit Liability for Online Security Breac hes

From: Dave Lennert (davel@private)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 11:00:08 PST

    My experience has been that employees are not allowed to accept modifications to company written contracts.

    The only way I've seen a company change this type of stuff is if a ground swell of public opinion erupts, usually as reported by media.  I therefore now complain to trade rags and PC Magazine, rather than directly to the company, in hopes they will write some column publicizing the practice and how it is anti-consumer.

      _____