RE: CRIME Firms Look to Limit Liability for Online Security Breaches

From: rain forest puppy (rfp@private)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 01:06:47 PST

    On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Andrew Plato wrote:

    > Sounds to me like these companies are essentially saying "We give up.

    Funny, I read it more as company X indirectly affecting the bottom line of
    company Y.

    Not to point fingers, but isn't it odd that eEye and ISS are competitors,
    and eEye found the bug that is now being 'wormed' in their competitor's
    products?  Within days of public release?

    Suspicious, to say the least.

    - rfp