[Fwd: Request for ISEF to CRIME/WhiteKnightHackers]

From: Zot O'Connor (zot@private)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 12:42:40 PDT

    attached mail follows:

    Aid the advancement of Science Education and High-technology in Oregon. Please announce this volunteer opportunity to your members. We need over 800 volunteers to make this event a success. Your time will be fun, interesting - and of lasting benefit to our community. Call or email me if you want more details. Best regards, Gary Romans Intel ISEF Marketing & PR Committee garyromans@private 503-524-2058 OnDuty Marketing Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, Business Development Consulting --- The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF) needs your help! (Many) Volunteers needed May 6 to May 14 4-hour shifts (most at the Convention Center) 8 AM to Midnight I'm asking you to do 2 things: 1) Sign-up at www.intelisef2004.org/html/pdx_vol_signup.htm for at least one 4-hour block of time; 2) Send this notice to at least 2 of your associates requesting them to do the same. You can help - Promote science, math and engineering education throughout Oregon - Increase community awareness, involvement and support of education - Recognize outstanding students and support their college education - Show these outstanding students that college and employment in Oregon may be a good thing! www.intelisef2004.org All sorts of volunteer help needed, from registration help, to security, to general hospitality, etc. All volunteers will receive: Free round trip Tri-Met MAX ticket for your volunteer shift (or free parking, but taking Max is encouraged) Free food Free T-shirt (Many) Volunteers needed May 6 to May 14 4-hour shifts (most at the Convention Center) 8 AM to Midnight Sign-up at www.intelisef2004.org/html/pdx_vol_signup.htm Special needs for Technical Interpreters, especially Spanish, Russian, Polish and Portuguese. See the above website for details and other languages wanted. Details: Over 1200 pre-college student finalists showing their winning projects >From all 50 states >From 40 countries Over 12 Nobel Laureates and Draper Prize recipients judging, plus other government and industry VIPs attending Over 1000 judges (PhD level in Social Science, Biochemistry, Engineering, Zoology, Medicine, Mathematics, Computer Science and more.) Awarding over $3 MILLION! in awards and scholarships ISEF is 55+ years old, held yearly, but this is the first time in Portland, last held in the Northwest in 1962 (Seattle) Over 3000 visitors coming to Portland ($8-10M economic impact to Oregon) Over 5000 Oregon students will be brought to the event with linked curriculum Call me if you need more information. I will also be available and willing over the next few weeks to come and address your group, association or organization to promote volunteering at Intel ISEF. Gary Romans Intel ISEF Marketing & PR Committee garyromans@private 503-524-2058