Re: CRIME Save a Chatlog... Go to Prison?

From: Michael Rasmussen (mikeraz@private)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 10:07:22 PDT

    On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:46:53AM -0700, Mike Francis wrote:
    > There's a pretty good column on this in SecurityFocus. If you haven't
    > seen it:
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/233
    >
    > It includes a discussion of the email question from the employer's
    > perspective. And it includes some wrinkles we haven't touched on -- for
    > example, compliance rules for broker-dealers requires the retention of
    > audit logs. Now, there's a question of whether that's legal.

    Because the SEC rules are in effect or actuality a law the question is which
    law prevails since, at least in New Hampshire, they seem to conflict.
    Certainly anyone communicating with a broker, securities dealer or transfer
    agent should be aware of the SEC rules about retaining transcripts of calls
    and emails.

    I would think that this point has been addressed in the past.  New Hampshire
    can't be devoid of people who invest in mutual funds or the general market.

    --
        Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity