CRIME FW: Oregon State Police Office of Public Safety & Security: Meeti ng Notice

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 15:51:28 PDT

    From: Gresielda Castillo
    To: Gresielda Castillo
    Sent: 5/24/04 11:23 AM
    Subject: Oregon State Police Office of Public Safety & Security: Meeting
    Notice

    OREGON INFRAGARD

    What: OREGON INFRAGARD QUARTERLY TRAINING MEETING

    When: June 24, 2004, 7:30 AM - 12 Noon

    Where: Miller Hall, The World Forestry Center, (across from Portland
    Zoo), 4033 SW Canyon Road, Portland, Oregon 97221

    Cost: None

    Open to members and non-members

    What is Oregon InfraGard: Oregon InfraGard is a public agency and
    private industry effort toward protecting our interconnected critical
    infrastructures.  Go to www.oregoninfragard.org for more information.
    POC is Oregon InfraGard Coordinator, FBI Special Agents Mike Ruffner or
    Phil Slinkard at 503.224.4181.

    AGENDA

    0730-0800  Registration & Coffee

    0800-0815  Introduction and Opening Remarks

    0815-0830  Beverly Venell, Director, Oregon Office of Homeland
    Security

    0830-0900  Interdependency Exercise Update (from January meeting)

    0900-1000  Detective Steve Sigurdson and the Bomb Robot - Oregon State
    Police Bomb Squad - "Identification and Safety Procedure for Improvised
    Explosive Devices known as IED's"

    1000-1030  Break / Coffee / mixed sector networking opportunity

    1030-1145  PANEL DISCUSSION - "Transportation, Where We Were, Where We
    Are, and Where We Are Going"
    Panel Speakers:
    -Captain Paul Jewell, United States Coast Guard, Captain of the Port
    for Oregon, SW Washington, and Idaho
    -Captain John Myers, Union Pacific Railroad Police, Security Chief,
    Portland, Oregon
    -Mr. Tim Garling, TRIMET, Manager of Field Operations

    1145-1200  Mr. Bob Windus, President, Oregon InfraGard, Closing remarks

    Next meeting: September 14, 2004 "What's Hot in Security Hardware - A
    Security Vendor Expo"

    Captain John P Salle
    Deputy Director for Law Enforcement
    Oregon Office of Homeland Security