CRIME admin: to those who have subscribed mail lists

From: Mark Morrissey (markem@private)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 12:54:40 PDT

Periodically, I see errors such as the one enclosed that indicate an
undeliverable email, but the email address of the recipient is not a
direct subscriber to crime. This occurs because some people add
their own mail lists to the crime lists. In the past, things got bad
enough that I remove all mail lists from this one. Interestingly, I
received no complaints.

Since it has been rare since those days of yore for mail list addresses to
bounce, I am sendning out this notice of delivery failure in the hopes
that all the list owners will police their lists and update them as
appropriate.

I have no objections to lists subscribing to lists, but please be aware of
the problems that this can cause.

Your listowner

--mark

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at dyne.org. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent
error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.