Re: CRIME wireless case study URLs?

From: Gary Driggs (gdriggs@private)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 13:31:58 PDT

Alan wrote:

>The point of wardriving is to show just how many wireless connections
>there are and just how many are unsecured.  Connecting after discovery
>is something else entirely.

You are correct. However, I believe the thread was started with a call
for info regarding criminal cases involving data theft or unauthorized
access to a wireless network. I doubt that anyone here is that heavy
handed about using open WLANs -- and neither are most ISPs -- unless
shenanigans are involved. Even folks who have no qualms about using open
access points should be opposed to their abuse since one knucklehead
could ruin it for everyone else.

-Gary