Re: CRIME CISSP bootcamps

From: Peter M. Eggers (C.R.I.M.E@private)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 23:19:30 PDT

I meant to say "Are there any good CISSP bootcamps / crash-courses
locally?".  I have over 20 years experience admin'ing, setting up user
application security and system security, creating and testing disaster
recovery plans and backup strategies for some Fortune 50 companies.  I
have also done a fair amount of database application and system
forensics, but very little network forensics.  And, I don't have any
significant experience with legal issues beyond CRIME meetings this
year.

Some have said normal course work as I would get at PSU's Professional
Development Center is better than bootcamps.  With my background, would
a bootcamp to get the initial CISSP cert, followed with a serious
continuing education program be my optimal plan?

Sorry if there was any confusion about "camps".  I was in a hurry and
must have accidentally allowed my spell checker to change it from
bootcamps.  Also, I didn't have "CRIME" on the subject line on my sent
message.  Did I trigger something to get it automatically added?