CRIME SSH scanning

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:13:51 PDT

Has anyone found anything more about the ssh scans that have been going
on?  I have been getting scripted ssh login attempts on every machine I
have.  I get at least one scan a day from a single ip address (different
every time) with an ever increasing list of account names.

I have seen a number of comments about seeing the scans, but no clues as
to who or why.

--
'This message has not been made with the consent or cooperation of
the Federal Board of Regulations (F.B.R.) or the Central Enquires