[Crime] Crime Meeting Change for July

From: George Heuston (GeorgeH@private)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 14:45:57 PDT

Folks,

For the month of July only, we must have our CRIME meeting on the 1st
Wednesday of the month (July 6th) at the Forestry Center.  Thereafter,
we'll return to regular scheduling on 2nd Wednesdays.  Here is July's
topic/speaker.  See you there!  Geo

SECURE COMPUTING

SPEAKER:  Brian McLean, CISSP- Field Systems Engineer

TOPIC:  Exploring the Latest Trend in Perimeter Security, Unified Threat
Management (UTM)

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:  Just five months ago, IDC successfully introduced a
new market segment called Unified Threat Management (UTM). IDC, the
preeminent authority on IT market tracking and forecasting has clearly
identified an ongoing trend toward consolidated security appliances. IDC
projects the UTM appliance market to grow at over 80% CAGR (compounded
annual growth rate).  Brian McLean of Secure Computing will discuss this
new UTM trend and what it means to the security industry.

TAKEAWAY MESSAGE:  You will learn what is driving the consolidation of
network security from stand alone point products to all in one
appliance.