Re: Help any MAC users!

From: daniel heinonen (d.heinonenat_private)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 21:11:57 PDT

    Hey Ivan,

    Someone mentioned can opener.  I looked at the webpage and it seems it
    would be great to strip all the web requests however I can not see any
    mention of it striping the Image files out.  URLologist sounds like a mac
    program that would do the same thing it can be obtained from tucows, there
    should be a pc equivlent.

    If you go to word and use the "recover text from" option when you open the
    file it should help a lot if you are not going to use the above tools and
    do searches fro http or jpg.

    I have found heaps of netscape cache views but i have had problems finding
    ones for IE.  You could try the netscape ones there are a heap at tucows.

    I used regedit (which looks at the files registry and settings) and the
    cache.waf file does not have a resource fork.

    Using a hex editor might come out with more information but basics like
    URLS are viewable using a text editor.

    BTW BBedit is a really powerful text editing tool which has greps and lots
    of other features.

    The history.html file does not include details about the content of the
    files such as images recently used just the base url.

    Hope this helps just let me know if you want me if you need any more
    information.

    Daniel Heinonen
    Computer Systems Officer
    Faculty of Art
    QUT

    <<<<<<<<<< SAMPLE FROM CACHE.WAF using a text editor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    <P><HR><B>Execution Time</B><P><PRE>184
    milliseconds</PRE>post
    „b…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXcate
    y1y„b…  ›/·&5·Jū5  E“  D„ ntry   (7'ÅIęå‹Ń‚‚ž†Š‘ŽIo€ī
    ʘ’Ÿ†JH‡©
    S   óurl    /http://support.cdes.qut.edu.au/images/info.jpg
    bsrl
    xhttp://support.cdes.qut.edu.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=reservations&subaction=cliententry&action=displaycalender&keyid=226
    mime   image/jpeg hntt   "2b1d3-be0-3aa050b2" hvrs      data    ’Ų’ą JFIF H
    H  ’ķŠPhotoshop 3.0 8BIMķ     G’“ G’“ 8BIM
             x8BIMó             8BIM
            8BIM'
             8BIMõ     H /ff lff      /ff
    ”™š      2   Z        5   -        8BIMų     p  ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’č
    ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’č    ’
    ŸYzå”Łc}ŠŽŠvļõlÉČ~>3[é\śėߌŚ­³e—8µ’ ģk槒
    ցõk·ł“;„épmÉ7dё`“Ņę†¼7nŽhї$¹üģĢl3A~
    &§3vEĢ±öTĀ,49»čŖ×Ößoó·1•’ ‚I**’ŠõT—Ź©$§ź„vćž’ Į|®’J~©\’ ÖØ߇?²~™’ •yķ

    <<<<<<<<<< SAMPLE FROM HISTORY.HTML using a web browser >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    History
    History
    The Sloppy AppleScript Archive
    http://srd.yahoo.com/goo/cache.waf+read+view/4/*http://207.208.148.74/applescripts_99.shtml

    Yahoo! Search Results for cache.waf read view
    Yahoo!
    The iMac NewsPage Š Another Look at Internet Explorer 4.5
    http://srd.yahoo.com/goo/cache.waf+read+view/3/*http://adforceonline.com/newspage/1999/19990119_explorer45.shtml

    Slashdot | Serious Security Flaw in MSIE 5.01, 5.5
    http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=cache.waf+read+view
    Academy of Arts Support WebSite
    Privacy Tips for MicroSoft's Internet Explorer
    http://srd.yahoo.com/goo/cache.waf+view/2/*http://www.phaster.com/unpretentious/browsing_micro$oft.html

    Yahoo! Search Results for cache.waf view
    http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=cache.waf+view
    Tuesday, 29 May 2001
    Hotmail Inbox