RE: Determining if someone copied file to a: drive

From: crazytrain.com (subscribeat_private)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 10:47:12 PDT

    Just a quick note here on this thread:

    1) A user can set his RECENT folder to any path and folder he/she likes (so
    the default path of C:\Winnt\Profiles\USERX\Recent   may not be accurate
    all the time).  This is done within the registry.
    2) A user can set the system such that NO files are 'remembered'.  I.E.,
    they would not appear in the DOCUMENTS listing from the task bar (no matter
    if path was changed or not).  Again, this is done within the registry and
    works on NT and 2000 (I have not tried on 9x).

    So, if these areas are barren, perhaps look around to see if either the
    default path was changed and/or the remembered files was set to 0 or not.

    thomas

    > Look in the Recent Files information...    which is displayed on the
    > Start -> Documents listing from the Task Bar.
    >
    > The Recent Documents are also in the folder (which is really what is
    > displayed on the task bar) -
    > C:\Winnt\Profiles\<the profile of interest>\Recent
    >
    > Hope this helps.  NT does leave a trace of the last few files touched.

    > Michael S Hines                | Phone 765-494-5875
    > Purdue University              | FAX   765-496-1380
    > Management Information         | Email mshinesat_private
    > OS/390 Systems Programmer      | Certifications:
    > 1061 Freehafer Hall            |    CIA, CISA, CFE, CDP
    > West Lafayette, IN 47907-1061  |

    NOT