Re: server spool files

From: daniel heinonen (d.heinonenat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 18:11:40 PDT

    Hi Jason,

    If you don't already know there are 3 main printer drivers for NT these are
    Post Script, PCL5 and PCL6 i think it is.  Post Script ones are easy open
    it in a postscript viewer.  The most established is GSView which can be
    found at the address below.  I tried it with files on my print spool and
    was surprised the results, i was able to see documents with graphs and so
    forth.  I found the .tmp files were a great source of results.

    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

    In regards to Michael's suggestion about piping to a printer.  Perhaps you
    can pipe to a printer driver like adobe distiller or fine print but haven't
    thought much about the practical (how to do this).

    Hope this helps.

    Daniel Heinonen