Re: something a little different

From: Simon Hogg (simon.hoggat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 00:08:40 PDT

    Pat, I recall seeeing ad's in the Exchange & Mart (a UK publication) for kit ie.
    laptop+software
    to do this. Sold along the lines of 'make a lot of money doing this', I haven't got a
    recent copy
    of the publication to hand, but I guess you will.

    Also, talking recently to a used car dealer, he knew of someone in the trade who was
    picked up
    by the info people supply voluntarily to the DVLA (UK gov. dept. for vehicle registration)
    on
    the registration document ie. the mileage. He'd been clocking every car he sold, which
    produced
    a 'high spot' of discrepencies; he's now c/o HM prisons.

    Simon

    --
    Simon Hogg, Learning Resources, Oxford Brookes University,
    Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK.

    Postmaster & Academic Computing Officer.

    Email:   simon.hoggat_private
    Tel. :   (+44) 01865 483314
    Fax. :   (+44) 01865 483073