RE: Securely Wiping a Hard Drive

From: Antti Hakulinen (Antti.Hakulinenat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 04:29:48 PDT

    U can use whatever boot disk for that purpose.
    I use win98 startup disk, which has a program named wipe in it.
    I suggest you do the same.
    Wipe is more than good.
    Format is of no use.
    After you have booted, you just simply type "wipe 0" so, that usually is
    your HDmaster, and example "wipe 1" would then wipe your HD1 which usually
    would be slave.
    As simple as that.

    Regards:Antti.

    P.S: And the wipe really wipes.